Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Moving and Cleansing

I'm moving!
yes this is the beginning of a new journey. Out of school and into full time salaried work. It came by chance, and one must say yes to opportunities presented to them. SO I said yes to the job in Calgary, and now I have to pack up my belongings and say goodbye to some very excellent people.

I booked my moving truck yesterday and I got the smallest one, but now i'm worried that my stuff might not fit. So instead of going back, and paying more of an already ridiculous rate (800$ to move myself, bloody hell!) I've decided to become ruthless and get rid of the things I thought I once needed but probably don't now.
A lot of those things I'm clearing out are books and I have a hard time parting with books. Maybe because I went on a journey with them, I dedicated many hours to discovering the character's secrets, and that more times than I can count a book has hit home and helped create an understanding in my own life. They are treasures that I may not read again ( I have been known to read a book more than once, and will continue to do so) but they remind me of a time in my life. A time that I may be giving a memory away. I've had to do some reflecting and I am enjoying the freedom that removing clutter can do in a person's life, but I also thought it would be harder than this. I'm keeping what is precious to me, and removing that which was momentary. I can trust that I'll read more great books and I can trust that public libraries will hold onto the books I love and I will be able to access them there. It's the only consolation I can give myself.

Now to figure out how to say goodbye to the people I love

1 comment:

  1. New adventures! And purging! Makes everything better in the long run!!

    ReplyDelete